Note: Group photo by Flying Flamingo Fotographie.

Monday, August 1, 2011

The Inspiration...


Here it is... the event that started this whole blogging adventure. Yes, that's my mascara....in the toilet. I know...the HORROR! If there are any guy readers out there, this is pretty much the equivalent of a toothbrush in the toilet...DISGUSTING!

First, let me disclaim that upon entering the bathroom...my cosmetic bag is kept zipped, and tucked away in a drawer. This is not a mere easy grab, "ooops it fell into the potty & look what happened" kind of thing. Oh no... this is deliberate. Now ~why~ The Goose chooses mascara over all of the other pretty trinkets and treasures, I have no idea. (Honestly, it scares me to think of all of the obscure things that will cross her mind over the years.)

You should know this is not the first time she's decided to gussy-up our porcelain thrown. Facebook friends, you might remember my post about her mistaking my mascara wand for a toilet bowl brush...that was several days ago. This photo was taken last night. Yeah. She got me twice with the same goose...SHE'S THAT GOOD.

 The first time she graced me with a bathroom makeover, I just had to vent. This wasn't the first time she goosed me that particular day. She started that morning with a bang, and so the afternoon continued, getting into this & climbing on that. (sorry to be so vague, but it's all material for future posts!...) So when I walked into the bathroom to discover not one, but two tubes of mascara in the toilet & half the room painted black... I  wanted to scream. Or cuss. Or drink. Or just walk away and pretend that I don't live here... Just kidding. 

But I did laugh, and yell. And laughed again. I mean, you HAVE to laugh, or go insane. Not that it's funny that things get ruined or wasted, or that it's literally impossible to stay one step ahead of this kid... but it is funny that this tiny little 2-year old, wild as a march hare, is capable of all these things. Like sitcom funny....(any TV producers out there?)

So all I could think to do was blurb about it on Facebook. When I talk about Gigi, "rotten" is almost always included in the sentence. People smile and laugh... but really have no idea! Aside from close friends and family, I kept most of her antics to myself, but this particular day... I just had to get it off my chest. And I'm glad I did.

Thank you to those who encouraged me to start this blog about her daily misadventures... I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it. And... I hope that The Goose will someday look at it, get a kick out of herself during her toddler years, and brace herself for the payback (that I am already plotting) for when she has a little flock of her own.

Goodnight Friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment